I definitely had a lovely day full of healthy foods and fitness on Thursday, but have just been too busy to post about it! I’m probably going to break up all of the food that I made into a few different posts because I don’t want to give all of you recipe overload 😉
Let’s start off with the amazing quiche that I made for breakfast. And let’s face it, everybody loves quiche 😉
I figured that I was going to be pretty bored that morning as my car totally died on me and I had no way to get around. So I decided to dedicate the morning to making my first quiche. It was actually pretty stinking easy, too!
What you need:
5 eggs + 1 egg white
3/4 cup almond milk (or whatever you have on hand)
1 russet potato
6 oz deli ham
1/4 cup reduced fat swiss or mexican cheese
1/2 small onion
1 tbsp fresh, chopped chives
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
(I also added a few hits of garlic salt to mine because I LOVE garlic salt)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop potato into tiny cubes and place in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. (The potatoes should be pretty tender, but not soft) Drain those bad boys next.
3. While potatoes are boiling, heat oil in a medium skillet. Then, add the onion, parsley,and thyme; let cook for 1 minute. Add the ham and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes, then set aside to cool. After about 5 minutes, add the potatoes.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Transfer to your cast iron skillet or cake pan. Add in the ham and potato combination and spread evenly throughout. Sprinkle with paprika and cheese.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes. (Mine took about 50 minutes exactly.) Let cool & enjoy!
Ok, so flash forward to Saturday really quick….look at these gorgeous earring/necklace set that I got today! They are hand-made blown glass and made right here in Okinawa. I needed some kind of accessory for the dress that I am wearing tonight and these are just perfect!
Well, now that I am done interrupting my original post all about a yummy ham and potato filled egg monster…
I will let you know that there will be a new protein shake flavor to be revealed soon. I am definitely back on a cooking streak thanks to this delish breakfast…so make it! Let me know what you think about it!
I’m off to get ready for the evening ahead,