OMG! I made the best dinner two nights ago.
I found the recipe for a “skinny chicken parmesan” on Prevention R.D’s blog and am now in love! I made a few simple changes when I actually made this, but Italian food is always a winner in my book, so when I found this recipe I knew I had to make it and share with you all.
And trust me, it tastes as good as it looks 🙂
Plus, you can’t hate on how super easy it is to make!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp water
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~8 oz each), halved width-wise to create thinner breasts
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed (plus more for pasta, if desired)
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, stir in your breadcrumbs until they turn a golden color (about 10 minutes). Spread the bread crumbs in a shallow dish and cool slightly; when cool, stir in about half of the Parmesan.
4. Dredge your chicken in the flour mixture and coat evenly. Next, dip the chicken into the egg mixture and remove any excess egg. Finally coat your chicken with your toasted panko crumbs. Place on baking sheet or wire rimmed cooking pan if you have one.
6. Place the chicken back into the oven for about 5 more minutes. This should finish cooking the chicken through and make your toppings melty and delicious! Serve with pasta of your choice and enjoy 😉
So that pretty much wraps up the food portion of my blog post today. And I must once again apologize for failing at posting! I seriously don’t know where the time is going. I feel like I never have a moment to sit down and write. But I promise I will try to do better over the next few days! Plus, I should have some exciting things to post about in the upcoming days…Seriously 😉
So that’s all for now folks,