Well if you all have been following along with me on this blogging journey, you probably already know that I have a soft spot for Mexican food (and cookies!). So today for my lunch I felt inspired to crank out some grilled chicken tacos with my favorite smoky black beans ever. I stumbled across the black bean recipe on Edible Perspective and have used it ever since. So while my black beans simmered away, I got started on my own chicken tacos!
What you will need:
- 4 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- dash of ground pepper
- wedge of lime or just lime juice
- shredded lettuce, romaine or whatever you have on hand
- 2 corn tortillas
- salsa & diced onion if desired (duh!)
How to prepare:
1. Combine your cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and ground pepper in a small dish.
3. Place your coated chicken onto your George Foreman or grilling pan. You could even sauté them if you wanted to! Let them cook for about 5 minutes and check to see if they are done. You don’t want to keep the chicken juicy and tender.