Sorry for skimping on the posts over the weekend. Work mixed with attempting to cramp some fun and gym time in didn’t leave much room for posts!
So I will just start back up with my food from today.
Worked out shoulders and abs today. Then had a blueberry/pineapple protein shake.
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 6 drops liquid stevia OR 1packet of powdered stevia OR 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 cups unsweetened soy (or almond) milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts OR almonds OR other nut
- 2 squares 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
Combine oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
In another large bowl, mix egg whites, vanilla, coconut oil, stevia and mashed bananas until combined.
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients; mix well. Pour in almond milk and stir until combined.
Stir in nuts and chocolate. (or raisins)
Fill muffin tins with batter. Cook for 30-35 minutes.
And that’s it.
This recipe made 20 muffins. Each muffin is 67 calories; 2.0g of fat; 1.7g of sugar; 3.2g protein.
Not too shabby. I found this recipe on eating bird food. This blog has more fitness and healthy food, too!
So that’s all I have got for today. I’m so glad that I’m off again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a productive day!